This website was created by a group of community organizations in Broward County on a project which they call Children of Immigrant Families Initiative.
The organizations and individuals who participated in this effort include:
- 2-1-1 Broward
- ARC Broward
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Broward County Public Schools
- Broward County Commissioner, Nan Rich
- Broward Regional Health Planning Council
- Catholic Charities Legal Services
- Center for Independent Living
- Children’s Services Council of Broward County
- Community Access Center
- David Posnack JCC
- Department of Children & Families
- Family Central
- Florida Attorney General
- Harmony Development Center
- Hispanic Unity of Florida, Inc.
- Immigrant Assistance Center
- KID, Inc.
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc.
- Memorial Healthcare System
- Mujeres Latinas Impulsando Mujeres Latinas
- Office of Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz
- SEIU Florida
- United Way of Broward County
- Women in Distress
Special thanks to Andrea Montavon-McKillip from Legal Aid Service of Broward for creating the Florida version of the Family Preparedness Plan. And to the Broward Bar Association and Braulio Rosa for his assistance in coordinating the translations of the Family Plans. We are grateful to the following attorneys for their pro bono translations of the Family Preparedness plans: Karina Rodrigues, Esq.Kelley/Uustal Trial Attorneys and Lizet Cardozo, Esq., Attorney at Law Cardozo, Eckert & Sanchez, PLLC. Special thank you also to Lucienne Brutus for her excellent work on the Creole translation.
Hispanic Unity of Florida, Inc. maintains this website.